"Pedals 'n Medals" JULY 8, 2017
The "Pedals 'n Medals" event is a fun day out in support of the 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation. Dust off your bikes, pack up the family and grab yourself a spoon full of courage and come along and have a great day out cycling around Lakeside Parkway; a safe and fun 2.41 K closed circuit track only 30 kilometres north of Brisbane all for a great cause.
WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT
The "Pedals 'n Medals" event is a fun day out for the racing enthusiast or the cycling novice but most importantly Pedals N' Medals is a fun and healthy day out for the family and an opportunity to support a very important cause.
"Pedals n' Medals" is open to all levels of rider skill and fitness and will include a:
- 45 min children's ride for ages 7 to 14, and
- 3 hour adult ride for ages 15 to 65 (this will be a timed event)
- Heaps of entertainment for the children when not on the track
Participants will be provided with an egg and bacon roll on arrival to ensure they have the necessary fuel to kick start their day and a closing BBQ to help celebrate their achievements.
Lakeside Park is one of Australia's most favourite and classic circuits. Since its opening in 1961, the circuit, formerly known as Lakeside International Raceway, has hosted mainly Australian touring car rounds, GT races and the Australian Superbike Championship. In addition, the circuit twice hosted grands prix for formula race cars, with Graham Hill winning the first edition with a BRM in 1966.
The circuit cuts through grassland along the shores of Lake Kurwongbah, and is situated 30 kilometres north of Brisbane in the state of Queensland and is 2.41 K in length.
A day of fun activities will take place for the kids so lock yourself a spot, get fit, get healthy and come along and support our Aussie War Vets.
4 Aussie War vets Foundation
The 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation's purpose is to provide the "wherewithal" to substantially contribute to the alleviation and mitigation of the injuries, illnesses and anxieties being suffered by Australian war veterans, and in so doing, provide to them a valuable pathway to a dramatically enhanced quality of life.
This will be achieved primarily in conjunction with their short to medium term accommodation in a rural environment which is relaxed and calming and where rehabilitation and guidance will have maximum long term benefits.
The vision of the 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation is to establish at least 6 getaway Home Camps, the first being in S.E. Queensland, providing Australian war veterans who are “doing it tough” with residency, primarily on a short to medium term basis, together with the necessary and appropriate support, care (including medical care) and guidance, with their partners in some cases. Furthermore, and in addition to rehabilitation, Camp Guests will benefit from the most meaningful, enjoyable, affordable, and safe experience possible. A better quality of life and improved future prospects are outcomes earnestly sought for them.
The 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation rehabilitation model is unique and innovative. 4.
Any enquiries about the 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation or this event can be directed to PH 0418 735 257 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds raised will go towards
- the development and delivery of world’s best practice rehabilitation programmes/courses for Australian War Veterans, particularly those who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and who now suffer mental health issues, mainly PTSD, as a result of their service to this great Nation of ours,
- the construction of comfortable, purpose built, permanent bush camp facilities at which the above live-in programmes/courses will be delivered and conducted. See the Indicative Camp Layout below
- Where: Lakeside Park
- When: Saturday July 8, 2017
- Open to: Individuals and Families
- Registration: 8.00 am
- Children's 45 min Challenge: 9.15 am
- Open 3 hour Challenge: 10.30 am
- Lunch and Awards: 2.00 pm
- Close: 3.30 pm
Click here to view the terms and conditions.
- Highest Fundraiser - Individual
- Most Laps Individual Open Challenge - Male
- Most Laps Individual Open Challenge - Female
- Fastest Lap - Male
- Fastest Lap - Female
- Best Team Achievement
- Best Outfit - Child
Activities for the Kids
- Inflatable Slippery Slide
- Face Painting
- Egg and Spoon Races
- Animal Nursery
- Fairy Floss
- Football Shoot Out
- Police / Fire and Rescue / Military
- Ans lots more
Individual Riders [ 18-65 yrs] Open $ 125
Individual Riders [ 15-17 yrs] Open $75
Adult Riders [ 18-65 yrs] $ 100
Adult Non Riders $ 25
Young Adult Riders [ 15-17 yrs] $ 75
Children [ 7-14 yrs] $ 10
- $500 Individual
- $500 Family
All donations made to 4 Aussie War Vets are tax deductible.
All riders must have third party insurance to compete in the event and as part of rider registration all riders will be provided with full comprehensive insurance through Cycling Australia. Whilst the Lakeside Parkway course is closed to public traffic riders should at all times stay alert and ride with care.
What to Bring
- Bicycle in good working condition (no time trial bikes or bars)
- Australian approved bike helmet
- Wet weather gear and a change of clothes
- A Smile
Terms and Conditions
Before registering for this event, all participants need to commit to doing a couple of things:
- be fit and healthy,
- have access to a bicycle,
- be experienced enough to participate in the event safely, and
- be prepared to raise funds as agreed for the 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation
It's the responsibility of all potential participants to advise us of any health or skill issues impacting their ability to ride in this event safely. To for more detail of our Terms and Conditions click here.
4 Aussie War Vets Foundation will also be staging a 2 day on road cycling event 26 to 28 October 2017 and hope to launch this event shortly. Stay tuned.